Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 1996 13:42:03 -0700 (MST)
From:      Scott Halbert <scott@thuntek.net>
To:        "Allen Hyer" <allenh@wtrt.net>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SNMP Manager

At 01:29 PM 12/5/96 -0600, Allen Hyer wrote:
>  Can anyone recommend a freely available SNMP Manager for FreeBSD?  If not
>for FreeBSD, then I guess I could use one for Win95, but I would rather run
>it on the FreeBSD box.

You can run tkined and scotty (they are in ports).  They aren't bad and are
slowly evolving into a pretty competent network management system.  You have
to have an X environment to run them.  I run eXcursion (an X window system
emulator for NT and windows) and then run the programs on win95 remotely
from my FreeBSD boxes.

Check: http://wwwsnmp.cs.utwente.nl/~schoenw/scotty

>Thanks,
>Allen Hyer