Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 1996 13:08:36 +0100 (MET)
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@tetard.frmug.fr.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dual Monitor Systems...

Greg Lehey écrit / writes:

> J Wunsch writes:

> You've obviously never burnt out a monitor :-(
>
> Running monitors out of spec *does* damage monitors.  It may not do

	That is also  what I thought  -- out-of-sync ranges  (even too low)
	while not putting any stress on the sync circuits, can strain OTHER
	components behind it,   as they  try  to  pickup a  correct  signal
	(i.e. horiz  et  vert sweep), thus making   them work  ABOVE  their
	specs.

	Regarding   XInside and two  monitors, could  you  give more info ?
	(What displays - VGA/VGA?, how does syscons/pcvt behave?)

							-- Phil

--
- [ regnauld@tetard.frmug.fr.net / +48.8N+2.3E / +33 1 4507 9391 / Sol 3 ] -
- [ regnauld@freenix.fr		 / FreeBSD 2.x /  			 ] -