Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 18:21:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: makeworld problem - my first attempt at this

On 15 May 2002, Chip Wiegand wrote:

> The UPDATING file specifies to run mergemaster again after installworld,
> I assume I run it without any options, correct?
> Then a reboot should finish up the process.

I usually do `mergemaster -i` after installworld.  That will sync up any
config changes between your system and the new src tree.  If something
like MAKEDEV gets installed, it will prompt you to rebuild your devices.

*another pat on back for Douglas Barton*

Later,
-Mike

 safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  --Benjamin Franklin