Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 2014 12:12:53 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: emulators/linux_base-f10 && poudriere (3.1pre)

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 21:16:43 +0200
Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> wrote:

> I' building my ports with poudriere 3.1pre on head. The port
> emulators/linux_base-f10 can not be build due to a problem with one
> file listed in the Makefile which seems to not exist anymore (or at
> least not with the correct SHA256 signature and filesize). What makes
> me wonder is that the file gamin-0.1.9-6.fc10.src.rpm itself is not
> used to build the port, poudriere only stops because it can not fetch
> this file;

For GPLed binaries (RPMs) we have the obligation to provide the src
(SRPMs). As such the src needs to be fetched on the FreeBSD ports build
cluster and provided together with the binaries.

> If one builds the port normal (with make install) the missing file is
> not an issue and the port just installs fine.

[...]
> If I comment out the single file, poudriere is happy.
>
> Why the normal 'make install' can build the port and poudriere can
> not?

On a normal install PACKAGE_BUILDING is not defined. I assume poudriere
is defining it.

I don't know of PACAKGE_BULDING implies BATCH or if BATCH is enough to
build non-interactively. So a quick solution could be to remove this
PACKAGE_BULDING from non-FreeBSD-ports-build-cluster builds. The right
solution is to check where the missing file can be found and commit a
fix to the port.

Bye,
Alexander.

--