Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:10:44 +0100
From:      Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
To:        Mathias Picker <Mathias.Picker@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Network connection troubles from a few external host to box with current RELENG_7

--=-6VsVWs1Svv6nKBjLVHwb

On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 12:38 +0200, Mathias Picker wrote:
> I have upgraded a server from 6-stable to RELENG_7 a few weeks ago. Every=
thing seemed to run fine, only one friend of mine couldn't connect to it wi=
th his OS X pc (no ssh, no http, ping works, though) (other machines (windo=
ws) from inside his net could connect ok).
>=20
> No I have a small registration application up:
> http://strongdesk.com/oracle/recruitmentday/register/ and have people cal=
l oracle support that they cannot see that site. One oracle employee with a=
n windows xp box cannot connect, too.
>=20
> I have allready undone any performance / hardening sysctl settings, still=
, some people cannot connect...
>=20
> Has anyone heard of this? Or is it just this machine?
>=20
> (nmap does not guess the os, is that normal for 7.0?)
>=20
> Any help (and debugging tips other than comparing packet dumps...)
> apreciated.
>=20
> Thanks, Mathias
>=20
> P.S.:uname and ifconfig
>=20
> 1% uname -a
> FreeBSD 1.strongdesk.com 7.0-BETA1 FreeBSD 7.0-BETA1 #3: Wed Oct 24
> 17:59:25 CEST 2007
> hermannf@1.strongdesk.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/STRONGDESK  i386
>=20
> 1% ifconfig vr0
> vr0: flags=3D8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu
> 1500
>         options=3D8<VLAN_MTU>
>         ether 00:11:09:7c:b5:0f
>         inet 213.239.214.227 netmask 0xffffffe0 broadcast
> 213.239.214.255
>         maclabel biba/equal(equal-equal),mls/equal(equal-equal)
>         media: Ethernet autoselect (100baseTX <full-duplex>)
>         status: active
>=20

Perhaps related:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2007-October/015712.html