Date:      Tue, 08 Nov 2005 09:41:58 +0100
From:      Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reproduceable freeze with quotas enabled

Attila Nagy wrote:
>> Robert Watson wrote:

>>> This is probably a vnode lock leak or deadlock.  As it looks like you
>>> have both the ability to get into the debugger and also a serial or
>>> other remote console, the output of:
>>>   show allpcpu
>>>   alltrace
>>>   show lockedvnods
>>>   show allocks
>>> would be helpful.  There are also "options DEBUG_LOCKS" which extends
>>> the debugging information available via "show lockedvnods" with
>>> information about where the lock was acquired, which can be quite
>>> helpful.
> http://people.fsn.hu/~bra/freebsd/crash-20051105/crashlog
> I've put all together in this file.
> Tell me please if I can do anything to make the issue more clear.
Just for the record:
the machine freezes with UP kernels too.

Any chance to investigate it further? It's a really annoying bug, which
makes quota support a little bit useless.

Thanks,
--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy@fsn.hu
Adopt a directory on our free software         phone: +3630 306 6758