Date:      Fri, 26 May 2006 16:29:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash@ocis.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Good examples of not deleting custom config files/installing new  config files

Could someone point me to some ports that do a good job of not
deleting custom config files when you do updates?  I'd like to
incorporate something similar into my ports.  Currently, I just
install everything with a .sample and put a note in the pkg-message.
Which works great for upgrades, but not for the initial install.  And
as my ports go into the "multiple-dozens of config files in multipls
sub-directory" area, it's getting to be a pain for the users to copy
files around.

----
Freddie Cash
fcash@ocis.net