Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 1997 12:22:26 -1000 (HST)
From:      "David Langford" <langfod@dihelix.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tyan P-Pro S1668 and 64Meg SIMMS?

Has anyone had any experience with 64Meg 16x36 SIMMS in a
Single CPU Tyan Pentium Pro ATX S1668 motherboard?

I am having problems with the board being happy with the SIMMS
FreeBSD gets parity panics though the BIOS doesnt seem to notice.

When we tried Kingston the machine just beeped at me.
So far they seem happy in a Tyan Pentium board though.

While the memory may very well be bad it just seems odd that
4 pairs of 2 manufactuers would be toast.

*sigh*

-David Langford
 langfod@dihelix.com