Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:48:45 +0200
From:      Oliver Peter <hoschi@mouhaha.de>
To:        Grant Peel <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports Clean

--45wMVEkw4XUbiYON

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 01:02:36PM -0400, Grant Peel wrote:
> Hi all,
>=20
> My ports collection on some of the servers is wasting alot of space.
>=20
> What would be the best method to 'cleanout' the ports dir without adversl=
y affecting the operation of the rest of the server?=20
>=20
> All of the servers are live production servers.

You can add the following line to your /etc/make.conf

	 WRKDIRPREFIX=3D/usr/obj/ports

This will change the workdir of you portstree to /usr/obj/ports.
No working directory will be created under /usr/ports so you can just
clean up your workdirs with the following command:

		rm -rf /usr/obj/ports/*

--=20
Oliver PETER, email: hoschi@mouhaha.de, ICQ# 113969174
"Worker bees can leave. Even drones can fly away. The Queen is their slave."

--45wMVEkw4XUbiYON

--45wMVEkw4XUbiYON--