Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 95 07:47:01
From:      vernon@eds.com.bta.net
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mouse problem

I am running FreeBSD v2.0 on a Gateway 2000 P5-75.  The computer has a PS/2 type mouse.
I cannot seem to get X Windows to recognize the mouse properly.  The /dev/psm0 device
exists, and I have modified the configuration file to reflect a PS/2 mouse, however the
X Windows server will not start up.  When I modify the configuration file to reflect a
PS/2 mouse and use /dev/tty00 the X Windows server will start, however the mouse does not
respond.  When I cat /dev/tty00 it does not receive any input from the mouse.
Attempting to cat /dev/psm0 and /dev/mouse results in a cannot open file message.

I have reviewed all the information/documentation that I have (I purchased the Walnut
Creek FreeBSD CD-ROM) and cannot find anything that provides additional information on
mouse configuration.  Any additional insight or documentation would be greatly
appreciated.

Please mail to vernon@ns.bta.net.cn (202.96.0.133)