Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:20:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/27911: New Port: editors/led, a little text editor

The following reply was made to PR ports/27911; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
To: Jordan DeLong <fracture@allusion.net>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:04:35 +0300

 Jordan DeLong wrote:

 > On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 08:49:27PM +0300, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
 > >
 > > You will be laughing, but I've already added it 30 minutes ago ;-), though I
 > > don't mind if you will take over maintainership. OK?
 > >
 > > -Maxim
 > >

 > Hah! That's pretty funny.
 >
 > sure, I'll take over maintainership.  there are two things I figured I'd
 > mention right now though: first is that the md5 sum for the one you put
 > in is different (I had to fix one issue and had uploaded the wrong tar
 > to sourceforge: oops), and also I think it's probably a good idea to
 > install the sample.ledrc in the share/doc location, because otherwise
 > it's extreemly difficult to figure out how to get it to set up syntax
 > highlighting (that information isn't in the man page).
 >
 > If you'd like, for simplicity, I can make a new PR with diffs against
 > the port in cvs for those changes.

 Yes, please do.

 BTW, for some reason led doesn't 8-bit clean, i.e. when I'm switching my keyboard
 to koi8-r and trying to type something it doesn't produce anything but funny
 beeps. Is it something that could be solved in the next release? Also it would be
 nice to see a Python syntax mode, but it is not an urgent issue. ;)

 -Maxim