Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 1996 15:47:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@panix.com>
To:        mnewton@io.org (Malcolm Newton)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org (freeq)
Subject:   Re: windows NT and Freebsd on same pc

Malcolm Newton wrote...
> On a new pc I need  NT and freebsd on the same drive. NT to test out commerce
> server stuff etc and freebsd as a fast switch backup to our server.
> on a 1.6gb drive I would assume that I should put nt first (1gb) and freebsd
> in the last 600Mbyte. I guess I can run fdisk from nt to switcth active
> partitions.
>  Any better ideas ??????
>
> ta muchly
> Malcolm Newton    President
> mnewton@io.org    http://www.io.org/~mnewton
> VisiSoft Corp   2155 Dunwin Dr unit 6, Mississauga,Ont. Can L5L 4M1
> (905) 607 6263 (905) 607 6122 fax

Install the Boot manager which comes with FreeBSD.  It works fine with
NT.  You'll be prompted during installation to decide whether you want
it or not.  Remember that the FreeBSD kernel has to be below cylinder
1024 when partitioning...

John

--
Beavis and Butt-Head;  Vladimir and Estragon for the '90s.

finger jbrann@panix.com for pgp public key