Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 07:25:40 +0000
From:      Kevin Voyce <casolution@kvproducts.com>
To:        David Delisle <cellule@videotron.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with windowmanager

David;
I may be having a simular problem. What I see looks almost liker barcode
where text should be. I have requested help dfrom those on this list but am
still
waiting. please refer to the following --

I Installed the XFree86 3.3.6 software in hopes of using my ATI Rage
128.
The previous release would not work at all for this card.

The good news is that the server starts and initially appears to work.
However when I startx to KDE 1.1.1 or Windowmaker any windows ie. term,
netscape, config etc. contain bar code instead of text also when windows
are moved the section at the top flickers when moving over another
window. Sometimes text does show but is destroyed upon window movement.

Note -- The XFree86 3.3.6 software and KDE 1.1.1 or Windowmaker work
fine with my old Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM (S3).

If it looks lke your problem is like mine perhaps we can pool our resources.

Any way the work around for me was to change Graphics Cards.

Kevin Voyce.