Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 13:44:06 +0100 (CET)
From:      Paul Dekkers <psd@cgu.nl>
To:        flygt@sr.se
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD NOT on PII-350?

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Gunnar Flygt wrote:

| > It seems I haven't formulated my question correctly:
| > CAN FreeBSD run on an pII-350? If so, why does the error CMAP busy message
| > apear when booting from the bootdisk?
|
| I run 3.0 on a PII-350 with 128MB of RAM. Works OK!

Did you have to disable something in your BIOS? Maybe it's the PNP... I
once got it working, after disabling the PNP, but then it started
complaining about not enough diskspace so the partition table couldn't be
created, and the system rebooted.
After, it never worked again, however the PNP remains disabled...

What kind of BIOS do you have? There's an AWARD in this machine, I'm
afraid there's an option (however I don't know which) that's wrong...

Paul

--
Paul Dekkers
E-Mail: <P.Dekkers@cgu.nl>