Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:22:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Ilmar S. Habibulin" <ilmar@watson.org>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-i18n@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i18n sample patch

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Alexey Zelkin wrote:

> I'd rather prefer to use libintl instead of catget*() for these purposes.
> I am now thinking about importing libintl developed by Citrus project,
> currently imported to NetBSD. If you've some time please take a look
> in this area.
Well, if you mean the use of gettext()-style functions, then imho it's
simple to change patches to use it. catget*() are POSIX functions. So i
choose them. If gettext() can become standard, or can be included in
most BSD systems, then using of gettext() makes sense.

The idea of i18n is the same, patch will be smaller. If anybody is
interested, i'll remake it for libintl.