Date:      20 Dec 2002 22:43:22 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        mmca@2531.org
Cc:        marcus@marcuscom.com, wes@softweyr.com, coolvibe@hackerheaven.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More information (was Re: pthread woes)

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 22:21, mmca@2531.org wrote:
> On 21 Dec, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> <snip>
> I removed all of X and just about everthing that needed
> XFree86-4-libaries using pkg_deinstall, re cvsup'd ports (Dec 20, 2002
> 5:00PM GMT-08) and rebuilt with a make.conf of:
>
> CPUTYPE=p3
> BDECFLAGS=      -W -Wall -ansi -pedantic -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-align \
>                 -Wcast-qual -Wchar-subscripts -Winline \
>                 -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith \
>                 -Wredundant-decls -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings
>
> and it seems fine now.  Everything built cleanly including mplayer which
> is what started all this for me.   So I don't think its a problem with
> the XFree port.

Did you have any different CFLAGS/CPUTYPE for your previous setup when
it was failing (including what you built world with, maybe).

I've been talking with Emiel off list.  He said that when he removed
XFree86-4-libraries/files/patch-UIThrStubs.c and rebuilt, the port
worked fine (in terms of the compilation of other libX11-using things).
He had -O3 in his CFLAGS, but removing that for the XFree86-4 build
before didn't help.  Last message I asked him to rebuild world without
nondefault CFLAGS/CPUTYPE then rebuild -libraries, and he said he'd do
it tomorrow.

I figure it's a long shot, but other than that I don't really have a
clue at this point.  I would love to figure out the reason for this --
it keeps popping up periodically while the rest of us haven't seen it.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/     anholt@FreeBSD.org