Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:04:45 -0400
From:      Yuval Shavitt <Shavitt@dnrc.bell-labs.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, shavitt@dnrc.bell-labs.com
Subject:   MIB II with FreeBSD 2.2.2

Hi,

I'm working with FreeBSD 2.2.2 as a router by plugging
in several Ethernet interface cards and running routed.

I manage to use ucd-snmp-3.1.3 with some success however
several of the MIB 2 variables seems constantly at 0.

Example:
2.2.1.21 - ifOutQLen - does not work (stay on 0 even when we send
packets and unplug the ethernet wired), but
2.2.1.16 - ifOutOctets - works
2.2.1.19 - ifOutDiscards - seems to be at 0 all the time, but
2.2.1.17 - ifOutUcastPkts - works

Is it a known problem?  Are these MIB variables implemented
by this or any other snmp agent?

Thanks,
Yuval

--
Yuval Shavitt                                          __  __  __
room 4G-627, Bell-labs, Lucent Technologies            \ \ \ \ \ \