Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 2014 09:56:30 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: poudriere and conflicting packages

--Odqx6aXo3NR3TE1Ft1k2n2qdFhq54kUFU

On 04/25/14 09:18, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> Colleagues,
>=20
> How do you use poudriere to build packages from conflicting ports?
> E.g. I would like for both lang/php53-extensions and
> lang/php5-extensions to be available in the repository.=20
>=20
> How does pkg.freebsd.org manage this?
>=20
> Currently php53-extensions-1.6 does not build in the build-depends
> phase. Not to clutter the list, I have put the build log to
> http://gfile.ru/a4TuH=20
>=20
> TIA for any input.
>=20

This is something I've been meaning to bring up.  As far as I can tell,
unless you're just defaulting on all the alternate versions of things
like PHP, you cannot, in the same poudriere run, build packages for
several different PHP versions -- and I mean here the modules that PHP
loads into it's binary image, not pure php applications like eg.
phpMyAdmin.  It seems to be an implicit assumption within the ports that
you're building the packages for immediate installation on the same
machine, which might have been true historically, but now does not make
sense for the substantial group of people who build packages off-line.

	Cheers,

	Matthew