Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 18:34:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Arnold <tom@inna.net>
To:        ac199@hwcn.org
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>, Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD IRC server

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Eivind Eklund wrote:
>
> > Well, EFnet #freebsd is huge (e.g, irc.gate.net).  If you want BSDnet
> > (which was what irc.freebsd.org gatewayed to) you can go through
> > irc.openbsd.org.  Other than that, we also have a small one on IRCnet
> > - I don't have a public server handy, though.  (Might be one on
> > irc.best.net or ircd.best.net - I don't remember, as I personally use
> > limited servers)
>
> There's also irc.inna.net, irc.au.freebsd.org, irc.mill.net, and
> irc.lamb.net.  :)

Dont forget our main one.  irc.bsdnet.org ( cname for irc.lamb.net ).

irc.openbsd.net currently is a cname for irc.inna.net however when I get
this damn Sun working irc.openbsd.net will point at its own OpenBSD box.
( no fault of OpenBSD's...  I just haven't had the time to drag that thing
outa the closet ).

Who do I talk to at NetBSD and BSDI to see if they'd like to join also?

/me grins

:-)

     : Tom Arnold - No relation to Rosanne           :
     : SysAdmin/Pres - TBI, Ltd ( inna.net )         :
     : The Middle Peninsula's Internet Connection    :