Date:      Fri, 08 Jan 1999 13:57:32 -0500
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@ics.com>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: horrible hack / SRM console

Matthew Jacob wrote:

> This is a perennial problem. At some point *BSD is going to have to
> consider how to work under ARC or AlphaBIOS. Probably we'll have to do
> something akin to MILO.

I looked at the ARC/MILO setup and someone will correct me if I'm wrong,
but it seems the ARC console only groks NTFS. Setting up MILO basically
consists of substituting the path to the MILO loader instead of the
NTLDR.DLL (or whatever its name is).

Meaning you need a way to get an small NTFS partition onto disks. I'm
guessing it's a toss-up between which is harder -- installing the SRM
firmware or jumping through hoops to put an NTFS partition with MILO on
the disk.

--
Kaleb