Date:      Wed, 06 Aug 1997 15:57:10 -0500
From:      Alan Cox <alc@cs.rice.edu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: current-digest V3 #125

> Unfortunately - in fft the beginning has take it - I want it back
> type of ownership messages.

That's not so bad.  They're small messages.  And, it's only going
to happen once per page.

If we were moving a whole copy of the page, then I would be feeling
queasy about it.

> IS - we have a problem.

I'll look into this some more.

> The only fix that I can see is for the consumer, when it discovers
> that it does not need ownership to pass it back (may be too late
> at that point).

My inclination is to pull it back from the producer side.  It fits
into the existing framework that way.  Unless we later piggyback
it on some other message from the consumer, we won't really save
ourselves anything by pushing.

One note on the code that you sent me.  In the page request code,
it's not kosher to change the "page->writer" field.  It's onlt
supposed to be modified by interval create and interval incorporate.

Alan