Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 1995 01:15:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Lind <john@starfire.mn.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ok, *now* it's End-Of-ALPHA Release Candidate time!

> I just need to know right now how well it works on *your* machine! :-)

It works on my machine!  It is up and running right now, in fact.
This is a 25Mhz 386 w/4Mb of RAM, WD1007V ESDI controller, Addtron
NE2000 clone, Orchid SVGA (1Mb VRAM, ET4000-based).

While generally most fun and outstanding, I do have three comments:
1)  After you select your timezone with the CMOS clock == wall clock,
    and it asks you to verify your local time, the time it gives
    is not correct.  Finally, you just have to lie to it and say
    that it is correct, and after the system reboots from the hard
    drive, things seem OK.
2)  I didn't get all of the distributions that I asked for.  Not
    sure why, but XFree86 didn't come over.
3)  When you ask the post-install configuration to get more packages,
    it just looks for a CD-ROM.  It doesn't seem to be able to do
    the FTP/NFS options that the rest of the install can do.  This
    is probably not a quick fix, and is probably already on your
    list, but I thought I'd mention it.

Excellent work!  Good stuff!

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417