Date:      Wed, 30 May 2007 23:25:55 -0400
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble running X after X.org 6.9 to 7.2 upgrade on FreeBSD 6.1

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 08:01:09PM -0500, strippe@trippe.cc wrote:
> I am having trouble running X, and getting the following error :
>
> Fatal server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'
> X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
>
> I have attached a document including the following outputs:

The silly question--did you follow the instructions and install the meta
port?  I don't see font-alias in your list of /var/db/pkg.

Try installing font-alias and see if it fixes the issue.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Spike: A slayer with family and friends. That sure as hell wasn't
in the brochure.