Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:11:23 -0600
From:      ktb <x.y.f@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   accessing remote X server

	I've taken a look at the xterminal howto.  It is a little more
	involved than I really want to get into.  I have just installed
	4.2 on an old 486 and would like to use it to access an X server
	running on a debian machine I have.

	1. Is there anyway I can just telnet or ssh into the debian box
	and run X applications on the freebsd box, using the debian
	box's server?

	2. Can I do this without running an X server on the freebsd box?

	This is my first attempt at freebsd.  I've searched the list
	archive but didn't come up with an answer.  I've looked through
	some linux docs and freebsd docs.  Any help would be appreciated.
	Thanks,
	kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."