Date:      Fri, 02 Sep 2011 23:51:48 -0400
From:      "Dieter BSD" <dieterbsd@engineer.com>
To:        bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/144843: [firewire] fwcontrol(8) -S causes kernel panic

Sean writes:
> I think that this panic looks like this?
>
> -bash-4.2# fwcontrol -u 0 -S file.dv
> NTSC
> pa01nic: vm_phys_alloc_contig: alignment must be a power of 2

That certainly looks like a panic.  Do you get the same
power of 2 alignment one every time?  As you can see in the PR,
I got at least 2 different panics. (seems odd)  Mine didn't
say anything about power of 2 alignment, unless the first one did.

Does compiling the 8.x fwcontrol with a 7.x compiler avoid the
panic for you?