Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:13:25 +0200
From:      "Emile Coetzee" <freebsd-stable@clarotech.co.za>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Openvpn tap uses 99% cpu time

Hi Bruce

I have run a ktrace as you suggested

I put the following in a script /usr/local/sbin/openvpn --daemon --config
/usr/local/etc/openvpn/tapserver.conf  and called it tapserver.sh and then
used

ktrace -d -f openvpn.dump ./tapserver.sh

This captured all the information for the parent PID 1082

I then watched top in a second session and identified the PID (1083) of the
openvpn process that was using up the CPU time.

I then ran

ktrace -p 1083 -f openvpn2.dump

This produced no data at all.

The dump is fairly large so I have dropped it here:
http://pastebin.com/899318

If required/allowed I can post it to the list.

Regards

Emile