Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:09:52 +0100 (CET)
From:      sebster@sebster.com (Sebastiaan van Erk)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound Blaster in 4.0

Hi there,

I'm running FreeBSD 4.0 which tells me to use the bridge driver sbc
to run my Sound Blaster 16 but when I include the following lines in my
kernel:

device          sbc0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device          pcm

I get this in my boot messages:

sbc0: <Soundblaster 16> at port 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 1 on isa0
sbc0: alloc_resource
device_probe_and_attach: sbc0 attach returned 6

What exactly does this mean? What am I doing wrong? Anybody know
how to fix this? Thanx!

Greetings,
Sebastiaan van Erk