Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 2013 17:52:13 -0700
From:      Davide Italiano <davide@freebsd.org>
To:        hiren panchasara <hiren.panchasara@gmail.com>
Cc:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Intermittent hangs in vmem_periodic()

> Thanks Gleb.
> I've removed DIAGNOSTIC and the problem is gone now.

JFYI, I hit this problem today as well. I don't think you really need
to disable DIAGNOSTIC completely in order to get rid of that.
I've noticed Peter Holm has recently committed a new sysctl that
allows you to selectively disable calls to vmem_check
(debug.vmem_check), which should (probably) help.

Thanks,

--
Davide

"There are no solved problems; there are only problems that are more
or less solved" -- Henri Poincare