Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:49:15 -0700
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        chet@po.CWRU.Edu
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, portmgr@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: portupgrade of bash-2.05b_1 failing now for second day

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 01:32:35PM -0400, Chet Ramey wrote:
> None of these cases are a problem.  They all return a response, even
> if it's just `connection reset'.  It's the dropping the packets on the
> floor and leaving the request just hanging in the ether that causes
> the problem.
>
> In any event, I had ftp.cwru.edu's anonymous ftp configuration changed
> so it won't try ident.  I'm not really happy about doing it.

Why did you need it anyway?  I have never seen the point to
having the protocol in the first place and usually install
ports/security/liedentd to prove the point.  It is completely
worthless for its stated purpose (identification of a particular
TCP stream's user) and RFC 1413 should burn in hell.

SY,
--
wca