Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 15:53:39 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CAP vs netatalk for Appletalk/printing support

I notice the ports collection includes both CAP and netatalk, and
that kernel changes have been made for netatalk to take advantage
of.  I was wondering if most FreeBSD'ers prefer netatalk over CAP.

Right now RPI drives many printer queues thru CAP running on Solaris,
and we'll soon switch many of those queues over to CAP under AIX.  I
have a number of improvements to CAP as a result of this, and was
wondering if it'd be worthwhile to see about making those changes
for CAP under FreeBSD.  If a lot of people use CAP then this might
be worthwhile, but if most people prefer netatalk then I probably
shouldn't spend any time on it.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute