Date:      Wed, 23 May 2007 14:08:55 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
To:        Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make realclean

Hello,

----- "Heinrich Rebehn" <rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> when trying to resume an aborted compilation, i get:
>
> root@antsrv1 [/usr/ports/graphics/dri] # make install clean
> ===>  Building for dri-6.5.3_1,2
> Please run 'make realclean' before changing configs
> gmake: *** [freebsd-dri] Error 1
> *** Error code 2

I think this message comes from the program's Makefile, not the port's one. You could cd to the "work" directory and the directory where sources have been extracted, you'll be able to "make realclean". But if I were you, I would just "make clean" (or rm -rf work) in the port's directory to restart the compilation at the beginning.

> Stop in /usr/ports/graphics/dri.
> root@antsrv1 [/usr/ports/graphics/dri] # make realclean
> make: don't know how to make realclean. Stop
> root@antsrv1 [/usr/ports/graphics/dri] #
>

> Huh? The port suggests doing "make realclean" yet does not know how to
> "make realclean" ? Besides, i did not change any configs

The port doesn't suggest that. But the dri sources do. There's a difference between /usr/ports/*/*/Makefile and /usr/ports/*/*/work/*/Makefile.

Olivier