Date:      Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:50:09 -0600
From:      "Rik" <rikb@corihemazoo.org>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with gconftool-2

* Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net> [2003-07-26 16:59]:
> On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:52:11 -0600, Rik <rikb@corihemazoo.org> wrote:
>
> >I am having a problem with gconftool-2.
> >
> >I have a -current box that when I start X gconfd runs away quickly using
> >up system resources.
> >I am also unable to upgrade libgnome, libgnomeui, and galeon because
> >during the install of these ports I get the following message.
> >
> >gconftool-2 in free(): error: modified (chunk-) pointer.
>
> What are versions of those stuff? Are you using libthr or libkse? How do
> you upgrade those stuff?

All the ports are up to date as of yesterday except for the ports that
won't install.

I have no idea which library I am using.  I don't have an
/etc/libmap.conf so I guess whatever the -current uses by default is the
one I am using.

I upgrade my ports with the only tool I know how to use, that being
portupgrade [options:'usually rR'] port.to.be.upgraded. ie.
'portupgrade -rR libgnome'

> I have -CURRENT with Gnome2 and I don't have a problem as long I don't use
> the libkse. The libthr works fine, but very few apps will not work such as
> mplayer, sdl, xscreensaver-gl-hel and very few others. I use libc_r by
> default, thought.

Did you do this with /etc/libmap.conf or is it the default in -current?

Rik

PS Sorry for sending this to your personal email I forgot to set up this
list in mutt.  My bad.