Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:20:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Nicholas Kayal <davek@saturn5.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Show me the light

I got a LED and touched it to the positive and negative ends of two 1.5v
AA batteries in a serial configuration.
The LED lit up.  I then crimped on pins to the end of the LED wires and
again tested it with the batteries.  Again, I saw the light.

I plugged said tinned pins into the 2nd and 25th pinout of a 25 pin port
(the parallel port): positive lead to the 2 pin, and negative pin to\
 the the 25 pin.

I then executed the following program:

I have written a small program:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <dev/ppbus/ppi.h>
#include <dev/ppbus/ppbconf.h>

int main()
{
  int fd;
  while(1)
    {
      ioctl(fd, PPISDATA, 255);
    }
}

I am expecting to see that LED light up, flashing if not creating a solid
light.  However, I am not.

any help would be very much appreciated

Sincerely,
David