Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:28:45 -0800
From:      Chip Camden <sterling@camdensoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: google browser?

--eHhjakXzOLJAF9wJ

Quoth four.harrisons@googlemail.com on Wednesday, 16 February 2011:
> Sorry for top-posting - my 'phone makes doing it properly difficult.=0D
> =0D
> There is a similar extension to Vimperator for Chromium, but it's name es=
capes me (Vimeo?). Last time I checked though it didn't work on the FreeBSD=
 version.=0D
> =0D
> After some time with Vimperator now, I find myself futilely bashing 'o' a=
nd 'j' and 'H' when browsing using IE on my works machine.=0D
> =0D
> Peter Harrison=0D
> www.4harrisons.blogspot.com=0D
> =0D
> =0D

It's called Vimium, and Chad Perrin figured out how to get it working on
FreeBSD.  But Vimium isn't Vimperator, and chromium disables extensions
when viewing the home page or local files.  So, for instance, vimium's
key bindings don't work when viewing an HTML attachment to an email.

--=20
Sterling (Chip) Camden | sterling@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://chipsquips.com  | http://camdensoftware.com   | http://chipstips.com

--eHhjakXzOLJAF9wJ