Date:      Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:42:03 -0700
From:      Kan Cai <kan.cai@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   install freebsd with usb keyboard

Hi, there:

I have been trying to install FreeBSD with a usb keyboard (I have
tried 3 keyboards so far), but no success. It seems that it can
recognize the device correctly (because it prints out the device names
precisely when bringing up the usbs), but it freezes right after the
sysinstall menu comes out. The ps2 plug is broken, so I dont have any
other choice.

I have searched the google and mail list. One suggestion was to
change the BIOS setting WRT the legacy usb option. The other is to set
hint.atkbd.0.flags=3D"0x1" while booting. But the problem is that the
keyboard doesn't work so that I cannot type anything or enter the
BIOS.

Is there anything I can do except hammering my box?

thanks in advance,
--ken