Date:      Thu, 04 Jul 1996 10:26:52 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Arrgg.. make world crashed

Help!

make world crashed after ~15 hours. 486DX-33 8meg, 32meg swap.
The machine just re-booted, Failed to reconize the drive on boot
Powered down, Waited 5 minutes, Re-Powered, fsck failed, manually
ran fsck, Tons of errors (Filetypes 6553x)?, Seems to have fixed
things ok.

Is make smart enough to start where it left off??

Also, I read someplace that it should be done in single user
mode, Is this fact? No users, just cron stuff.

Guess I'm going to get another lesson on Installing.
Nope, No backup! :) Nothing to backup that can't be re-installed.
I think that brings the count to 22 v2.1r installs on the same
machine! Got sysinstall down pat!
I was hoping to wait for 2.1.5 before re-installing!
My pref, Start Clean.. Gets rid of my Lack of Knowledge BooBoo's.

-Enjoy (I'm not)
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848