Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 00:06:50 -0800
From:      Rajasekhar <praj@nando.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Modem not working

Hi,

I installed FreeBSD on my APtiva M30 system. I set up tip to dial in
to my local internet service provider.

However, tip just timesout after being invoked. Is there some problem
with the way i configured the /etc/remote and /etc/modems files? I
created a generic hayes modem entry in the /etc/modems file as the aptiva
modem (which comes on the Mwave card) is hayes compatible. Did i get
my initialization string wrong? I tried the general initialization string
used (i don't exactly remember the string :-) )

If someone has experienced problems with using the modem thru freebsd on
their aptiva and have managed to solve the problem, then i hope they can
provide some answers to me.

Thanks in advance,
-Raj