Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2014 15:24:26 -0700
From:      James Welcher <jwelcher@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Syslogd question

Hi, possibly quick and perhaps subtle question about syslogd. I have a
machine that is a syslog server (receives network logs from other hosts),
but also a syslog client (sends logs over the network to yet another syslog
server).

How can I configure the server to locally log the network connections it
receives, but NOT to forward these remotely received messages?

In the old days, this was called "hopping." I think this kind of forwarding
of remote entries was PREVENTED by default. It had to be enabled with the
"-h" (hop) option.

Anyone know how I can prevent syslogd from hopping/remote forwarding
nowadays?

--
James Welcher