Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 1995 11:09:45 -0500
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        piero@strider.ibenet.it
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Here's why you should post about MINIX

>Hello.
>
>Quoting from Jordan K. Hubbard (Thu Nov  9 03:10:51 1995):
>> Minix != FreeBSD just as Xenix != FreeBSD and you hardly see us giving
>> pointers to Xenix.  I will neither approve it nor go to any special
>> trouble to mention it in the FAQ..  Not to be heartless, I just don't
>> see the need or relevance.
>
>Ok. I'm Joe User a f@#$ing newbie, I only have a f#$%ing 286 so I
>write to freebsd-questions and ask'em "Ho guys what kind of  UNIX
>*can* I run on my wonderful 286", and get no answer.
>
>When I buy a P100 I will go *for sure* to the linux mailing lists
>where people is so kind to give advise to me, poor owner of a 286.

They're nice people but their O/S isn't as good. If you're using a '286 you're
not poor, you're impoverished (as a '386 is about $40.). Give Bill and
Hillary a call.

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25