Date:      10 Jun 2001 11:02:30 -0400
From:      Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com>
To:        Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        "chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Cats and computers (was: My cat crashed my BSD box)

Chip <chip@wiegand.org> writes:

> Totally hosed X.

Yeah, cats like to find their uses for computer equipment.  A friend
of mine bought this HP laser printer; he'd been looking for a used one
in good condition for a *long* time.  To set the context, the story is
happening in Russia.  There the cats commonly don't have luxury of
specially purchased cat litter, and often have to do their things in
cat boxes simply lined with newspaper.  So, my friend installs the
printer on his desk, prints a test page, and, satisfied, goes about
some other stuff around the house.  The cat, though, decides that the
printer is a fancy cat box: it had a tray on the top, which was
nicely lined with the paper of the test page.  So, the rascal pees in
it.

p.s.  Needless to say, my friend's fury had not limits.  But he
dedicated his efforts to try to rescue the new purchase.  He couldn't
think of anything better than to give the printer a bath: he says that
there were tiny drops of cat urine all over the lenses etc.  It was
quite surprising that the printer actually worked after the incident,
apparently even better than before, because it received a nice
cleaning. :)  My friend doesn't leave paper uncollected from the top
tray.
--
Arcady Genkin
i=1; while 1, hilb(i); i=i+1; end