Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 1997 05:29:23 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@sunyit.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SMP?

  I have a couple of questions about SMP, what boards do i have to watch
out for, not working? will the SMP kernel work with cyrix/AMD chips?

  I was recently considering, just to experiment (it would kill my budget
though) to buy my roomate's P150 chip (real bargain) then buy a dual
pentium mb plus another P150.  The whole thing will cost me almost 400$,
is it worth it?  The thing is I just read that dual pentiums are nothing
compared to dual pentium pros, is this true (especially running at 150mhz)

 What kind of performance increase could i expect over a single P150?

 Last general question, is the SMP kernel stable as of now and are the
same drivers and ports available for it?

 Thanks in advance,
Alfred
perlsta@sunyit.edu