Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 03:45:09 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heads up! /etc/rc.conf.site is dead.

On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 19:33:21 EST, John Fieber wrote:

> The only difference is the addition of a "no touchees" reference copy
> in /etc/defaults that gets sourced before rc.conf so any essential
> variables introduced in an upgrade will have a safety fallaback in
> case you don't properly upgrade your rc.conf.

That's it? That's what all this is about? Hell, now that you've put it
like that, it sounds like a really _great_ idea. Even the choice of
directory name ``defaults'' makes sense, now. :-)

Thanks for taking the time to clarify what's going on. I've been
following my cvs-all and current mail quite closely but didn't quite
"get it" until I read your mail.

Ciao,
Sheldon.