Date:      Mon, 09 Jul 2001 17:55:48 -0700
From:      Ashima Agarwal <aagarwal@IPRG.nokia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   problem installing StarOffice on FreeBSD 3.4

Hi,

I have been trying to install StarOffice 5.1 on my FreeBSD3.4 for the
last two days with no success. I get the following error message when I
run the "./setup" from /usr/tmp/so51inst/office51:

/usr/tmp/sv001.tmp/setup.bin: error in loading shared libraries
libvos517li.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I looked all over the Internet and found some solutions but they did not
work!

Following are the steps that I follow:
Download Staroffice 5.1 from Sun's web site.
Made sure the Linux compatibility support is loaded in /etc/rc.conf:
linux_enable="YES" # Linux emulation loaded at startup.
Made sure I had linux_base-5.2 port base package installed.
Made sure I had POSIX priority scheduling enabled.
Uncompressed and untared the startoffice file I downloaded earlier in
/tmp.
Added /tmp/sv001.tmp to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.
Went to /tmp/so51inst/office51, and ran ./setup.

That's when the error message comes.

Please help to achieve a successful installation. I have already wasted
precious time on this to give it up now!

thanks,
-Ashima