Date:      Fri, 28 May 1999 18:08:32 -0700
From:      Bart Trzynadlowski <trzy@powernet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   odd minor problems

Hi,
	Sorry for the constant barrage of stupid questions, but I'm finally
starting to get into this stuff although I am still a total newbie :)
Thanks for the support so far! It really helps!

When I use whereis to find a file this always happens:

/#whereis foo
Warning: couldn't stat file /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/man!
foo:

This happens as root or as a user, what does it mean?

And if I am in a user account and I try to "su" or "su root" this happens:

/home/btrzynadlowski%su
su: you are not in the correct group to su root

What is the "correct group" then?

And it always says I have new mail. When I go into mail I find 17 messages
from various dates and times and they're subject and bodies are the same.
Here is the subject:

Nvi saved file .cshrc

The system places all of these in my mailbox, but why?

And last but not least... how come I can mount my cd9660 cdrom in 4 ways:

mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0a /cdrom
mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom
mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0a /cdrom
mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom

Why are wcd0a, wcd0c, acd0a, and acd0c all the same?

Thanks a lot!

Bart Trzynadlowski