Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2007 10:22:39 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        obrien@freebsd.org
Cc:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>, Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems Building 7.0-Beta3 with -Os

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 03:16:28PM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> [...]  -Os is a collection of
> optimizations that is between -O1 and -O2.  That is -Os includes
> everything that -O1 does, and -O2 includes everything that -Os does.
> In otherwords:  -O1 < -Os < -O2   (properly)

I read it differently.  From the manpage:

: -Os Optimize for size.  -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not
:     typically increase code size.  It also performs further optimiza-
:     tions designed to reduce code size.

It says that -Os is a subset of -O2 optimizations plus some
extra optimizations.  Reading further in a manpage, there's
only one, -mspace.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov