Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 1996 12:14:06 -0500
From:      gwh@spiders.com (Gene W Homicki)
To:        bgy2452@cincy5.dcro.dla.mil, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System Similarities

 +---
 | I'm not sure this is the right LIST for this question.  When
 | installing third-party software, most installation instructions quote
 | a plethora of generic UNIX-similar systems.  When using FreeBSD
 | (2.1.6, in my case), which system do I use when FreeBSD is not called
 | out?  I have successfully uses BSD4.4 in the past, but my current
 | project (QMail) only lists BSDI 2.0 that appears close.  Am I safe in
 | following instructions for installing BSDI 2.x applications?
 +---

	I run qmail, last time I installed (0.91, I know 0.95 is out),
qmail figuired the system type out on its own and compiled clean.
Just had to type "make".

I haven't checked lately to see if there is a FreeBSD "port" for it
yet, but even if not its one of the easiest things to compile.  Great
MTA as well.

						--Gene

--
Gene W. Homicki                               gwh@spiders.com