Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:43:05 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@serebryakov.spb.ru>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re[2]: Maintainer Updates: What do I do wrong?

Hello, Doug!
Tuesday, July 09, 2002, 2:44:44 AM, you wrote:

>>   I see, that many maintainer updates are commited in same/next day, that
>>   they are posted (send-pr'ed :)). But my maintainer updates
>>   (ports/40187, ports/40188 for now, some other befor these) are
>>   open for 5-6 days... What do I do wrong? Or, may be, I have bad
>>   karma?
DB> Neither... your ports happen to be things that very few committers can
DB> test the validity of. So, "Unlucky circumstance," more than bad karma.
    And What should I do to become commiter (for ports only, of
    course)? I've read `The Committer's Guide', but it says nothing
    about what somebody should do to become commiter, only about what
    one should do, when he IS commiter.

               Lev Serebryakov
| FIDONet: 2:5030/661.0                         |
| E-Mail:  lev@serebryakov.spb.ru               |
| Page:    http://lev.serebryakov.spb.ru/       |
| ICQ UIN: 3670018                              |
| Phone:   You know, if you have world nodelist |