Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 01:14:10 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Morion shell account <morion@access.dux.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATAPI CD

Hi FreeBSD-Question,

Sorry for disturbance, but I have large problem with my ATAPI-CDROM
and You , may be help .

Shortly, I have HITACHI CDROM. When system loading, kernel wrote:

> wdc0: unit 1 (atapi): < HITACHI CDR-7730/0008c >, removable, iordy
> wcd0: 689Kb/sec, 128Kb cache, audio play, 128 volume levels, ejectable try
> wcd0: medium type unknown, unlocked

In a configuration of a kernel I have brought in the following strings:

> options ATAPI          #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
> device wcd0 	         # IDE CD-ROM

But when I try to mount CD-ROM (``mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom''),
Kernel writes: " wcd0c: Device not configured ".
OK, I remakes wcd0 (``cd /dev;./MAKEDEV wcd0''), but nothing changes.

Where bugs?
Reply , please where I can find bugs (if I can).

P.S    [ I have FreeBSD 2.1.6]

        Thanks,
          Ilya Komarov ,
                St.Petersburg.