Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 07:01:47 -0700
From:      Blake Swensen <blake@pyramus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Amanda and Tapedev

I guess I just don't understand what Amanda is looking for in terms of the
tapedev parameter in the config file.

I have set it to tapedev "/dev/nrsa0" and to tapedev "/dev/rsa0" (which
both work using mt).  I have also set it to null hoping that amlabel will
just use the default.

Amlabel reports: "rewindingamlabel: no tape online".

The tape is an HP-T4000s Taravan SCSI tape, and it works flawlessly with
dump and tar.

The  tape definition to the following:

define tapetype HP-T4000s {
     comment "Hewlett-Packard Taravan 4GB SCSI Tape"
     length 4200 mbytes
     filemark 48 kbytes
     speed 3.30 mbytes
}