Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:48:51 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        David Murphy <drjolt+freebsd-stable@redbrick.dcu.ie>, FreeBSD-STABLE <FreeBSD-STABLE@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dot-0 releases

At 9:08 PM -0800 2000/3/21, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>                                Should be no problem for you Brad,
>  you're a big dog, right? :)

	Dog?  Yes, probably.  Big?  I don't think I'm qualified to answer
that question.

	I feel like I'm only now beginning to start to really get into
FreeBSD, although I've run 3.2-RELEASE on a production news peering
server since last August.  I had no bloody friggin' clue what I was
doing then, but I figured it had to be better than the dead server it
was replacing.

	I've just installed 4.0-STABLE on a second disk in the machine
that will become our replacement news spool server, primarily to be
able to play with things like vinum and rawio, and to see what it can
do for me.  I am still of the opinion that when this machine goes
into production, it will probably be on 3.4-STABLE -- I just don't
know 4.0-STABLE well enough yet.

	I ain't no Matt Dillon, Jordan K. Hubbard, Mike O'Dell, David
Greenman, Doug Barton, Joe Greco, Mike Horwath, Russell Vincent, or
anybody else like that.

	I like to think that I've learned a little something in the
ten-plus years I've been doing Unix system administration,
large-scale Internet mail systems administration, consulting, etc...,
but I have a long ways to go before I can hope to compare to people
like this.